How Good Friends Helps
We match people in need of a little extra support to one of our Good Friends volunteers based on factors such as their needs and interests who can help with a range of issues they may be facing.
These can include:
- Popping round for a cup of tea and a chat
- Going along to an activity in the community
- Assisting with light household tasks
- Putting someone in touch with nearby services
- Help with walking the dog if they're unable to
- Keeping in touch to check someone is OK
There are many more ways we can help too...
How can I get involved?
We're on a mission to ensure everyone in North Yorkshire & Darlington gets the support that they need, and it all starts with you.
Good Friends offers a fantastic way to put back into your community and support someone nearby in need of help. The level of support you wish to commit is entirely your choice - as little as half an hour a week can make a big difference in the life of an older or vulnerable person.
Our connectors will work with you to match you, based on your interests and abilities, to people within your area. They also offer support and advice so you'll will never feel like you're dealing with situations alone.
Here are some great reasons to get involved:
- Directly support people in need of support within your community, making an invaluable contribution.
- Meet new people and socialise with like-minded individuals
- Learn new skills, improve your CV with volunteering and take optional training
- Feel valued and be part of an award-winning team.
Join a team with award-winning experience in voluntary work and discover a new you.
Become a Good Friend Today