Ageing Well offers a lighthearted afternoon of activities and friendship every Monday at Kirk House, Romanby. The activities operates in partnership with North Yorkshire County Council & Broadacres Housing Association.
The aim of the group is to:
- Prevent social isolation
- Encourage elderly residents to become more confident
- Maintain and improve their health and wellbeing
There are over 25 regular attendees, and transport can be arranged through Hambleton Community Action, costing 45p per mile.
Previous activities have included:
- Physical Activity - Including seated gentle exercise, tai chi and tap dancing
- Social Activity - Including films, bingo, quizzes and more
- Informative Talks - Including Fire & Rescue Service, British Red Cross and more.